Halle Berry Tells ‘X-Men’ Fans to ‘Keep Waiting’ for Storm to Be Called for ‘Avengers: Doomsday’ Cast but Warns: ‘It’s Not Going to Be There’

As a devoted movie enthusiast, I was genuinely looking forward to potentially seeing Halle Berry join the cast for Marvel’s “Avengers: Doomsday.” However, during CinemaCon, she shared with Black Girl Nerds that my hopes might not come true. Interestingly enough, several of her fellow original “X-Men” co-stars were announced as part of the “Doomsday” cast this month, leaving fans, including myself, pleasantly surprised. The likes of Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, James Marsden, Rebecca Romijn, Alan Cumming, and Kelsey Grammer are all making a comeback. But it seems that Berry may not be part of the team this time around.

The reporter from Black Girl Nerds mentioned to Berry that fans are eager to spot your name on a chair during the upcoming ‘Avengers: Doomsday’ announcement, recalling the livestream where names were displayed on chairs in the background,” said the journalist, hinting at the event where each cast member’s name was shown on the back of a director’s seat. “They didn’t see Storm in that list, and they are hoping to see your name this time.

“Keep waiting,” Berry answered. “It’s not going to be there. It’s not going to be there.”

Halle Berry portrayed the character Storm in four “X-Men” films: the 2000 release “X-Men,” “X2: X-Men United” from 2003, “X-Men: The Last Stand” in 2006, and “X-Men: Days of Future Past” which premiered in 2014. Fans had hoped that Berry might return as Storm following Marvel’s announcement about additional cast members for the upcoming “Doomsday” project. However, recent statements from Berry indicate she won’t be reprising her role this time around. It’s not due to a lack of desire on her part; last year, she stated that Ryan Reynolds never asked her to reprise Storm in “Deadpool & Wolverine,” despite having expressed interest.

In a chance encounter at a Marc Jacobs fashion show, Blake Lively posed the question to me: “Would you ever be in my husband’s movie as Storm?” I replied that if Ryan Reynolds asked me directly, I would consider it, but unfortunately, he never extended an invitation.

In the announcement for “Avengers: Doomsday”, Berry wasn’t the only Marvel actor cherished by fans who was missing, as Chris Pratt’s name was also absent. Ever since the initial release of “Guardians of the Galaxy” in 2017, Star Lord, played by Pratt, has been a favorite among viewers.

Recently, Pratt humorously told Collider that he’s unsure about the whereabouts of his “Doomsday” chai, suggesting it might have been filmed at a distance. He implied the scene may have been cut out, leaving him puzzled about what transpired. However, he’s confident it was there on set.”

Or, in a more conversational style:

“Pratt jokingly admitted to Collider that he can’t find his ‘Doomsday’ chai, thinking it might have been shot from afar. He thinks the scene could have been cut, and he’s not sure what happened. But he knows for a fact that it was there on set.

Previously, Pratt mentioned during his appearance on “Jimmy Kimmel Live” that the last time Star-Lord was seen, there was a hint that Star-Lord would reappear, in reference to the end credits of “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3”. All I can tell you is that we will keep our word and deliver on that promise. It feels like there’s a Marvel marksman watching. I won’t reveal anything more.

“Avengers: Doomsday” is now in production and is opening in theaters May 1, 2026.

Read More

2025-04-04 03:48