Binance Holding Ltd. would be asked to pay $4 billion to settle U.S. Department of Justice accusations of multiple criminal violations, according to a report from Bloomberg News on negotiations between the DOJ and the company, which are also leaving open the possibility that its founder Changpeng Zhao would also face U.S. criminal charges.
Binance has been under investigation by U.S. authorities for money laundering, bank fraud and violating U.S. sanctions laws, and the talks could reportedly conclude in the coming weeks.
A spokesperson with the DOJ declined to comment to CoinDesk. Binance didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Top gainers and losers
- Best coins for today
- PRMX PREDICTION. PRMX cryptocurrency
- FOTA PREDICTION. FOTA cryptocurrency
- Ledger Launches Recover Service Despite Previous Criticisms
- Brent Oil Forecast
- MILK PREDICTION. MILK cryptocurrency
- Gold Rate Forecast
- EUR PHP PREDICTION
- U-Turn? Donald Trump Says He Can Live With Bitcoin