The U.K. government has said it will ensure that future legislation that comes out for a digital pound will provide protections to privacy and control of money in its consultation response on Thursday.
The consultation on a central bank digital currency (CBDC) was conducted by the government’s finance ministry alongside the Bank of England, and concluded in June. It received over 50,000 responses. A chief concern in the consultation was privacy and control of money.
Countries around the world are exploring the benefits of CBDCs , with Nigeria and the Bahamas being among the first countries to issue them. Major economies like the European Union and China are also running investigations or tests.
- Best coins for today
- PRMX PREDICTION. PRMX cryptocurrency
- FOTA PREDICTION. FOTA cryptocurrency
- Top gainers and losers
- FIRE PREDICTION. FIRE cryptocurrency
- MILK PREDICTION. MILK cryptocurrency
- Ledger Launches Recover Service Despite Previous Criticisms
- Protocol Village: Trust Wallet Launches ‘SWIFT’ Smart-Contract Wallet With Biconomy
- EUR PHP PREDICTION
- Brent Oil Forecast