The buys – which include 875 tokens acquired today – were made at prices ranging from $36,000 to $38,000, meaning the owner is sitting on around $9.8 million in unrealized profits at bitcoin‘s current price just below that $38,000 level.
There’s been some online speculation that the wallet to one of a number of U.S. asset management giants hoping to soon be granted regulatory permission to launch a spot bitcoin ETF, though it’s not clear if such “frontrunning” is even allowed.
Nevertheless, if a spot ETF is approved, fund managers will be required to hold and custody a large quantity of bitcoin in order to meet potential demand. This is unlike synthetic products like CME futures, which involve trading of contracts that represent the underlying asset.
VanEck advisor that a spot ETF being approved would create “trillions in value” even with just minimal demand of around $20 billion to $30 billion.
- Top gainers and losers
- Best coins for today
- PRMX PREDICTION. PRMX cryptocurrency
- FOTA PREDICTION. FOTA cryptocurrency
- MILK PREDICTION. MILK cryptocurrency
- Brent Oil Forecast
- Ledger Launches Recover Service Despite Previous Criticisms
- Gold Rate Forecast
- EUR PHP PREDICTION
- Hobbled Crypto Exchange’s Creditors Are Suing Its CEO and Want to Claw Back Money From ‘Bitcoin Jesus’